Digi Scrapping All Night Long

Sunday, January 30, 2011

A quick post of a wonderful cam.

I have been watching intently the following webcam of a mamma hummingbird and her babies as they hatched and grow. They will be fledging the nest soon and I cannot believe I have not thought to share this wonderful webcam with you until now. The mamma hummingbirds name is Pheobe and her babies have been named Bea and Jay although we will not know if they are boys or girls before they fledge. This is a great opportunity for you to show your children a wonderful miracle of life. You can watch the cam with me HERE. You can also join the chat and ask questions that you have about the hummingbirds from the moderators on staff in the chat at all daytime hours. They are very knowledgable. The nest is located in Orange County California so you need to watch during California daylight hours. I have been lucky enough to watch Bea hatch and last year I watched two baby hummers fledge the nest, which was simply amazing. I have also seen during the day many different schools signing on to show their students the babies and watch them from hatching to fledging. It truly is a unique experience. I hope you take the time to have a quick peek and I really hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Tata for now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment